tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting error 403 forbidden while using HTTP PUT method
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 20:45:30 GMT
2013/10/3 Arnab Majumder <arnabmajumderkol@yahoo.com>:
> Hi ,
>
> I am using Apache Tomcat 8.0.0-RC3 Server and spring dispatcher servlet . I am getting
403 forbidden while using HTTP PUT method but HTTPGET method is working properly. I am trying
to solve this with security constraint but it is giving me 409 conflict error because I am
using spring dispatcher servlet and It is not working.But It is working perfect on tomcat
7 .Please help me to get rid of this .

Try debugging to find what exact component sets that error code. (See
Tomcat FAQ -> troubleshooting)

E.g.
a. Does the call reach DispatcherServlet,  or it is rejected before
that (e.g. by a security constraint).
b. A breakpoint in Response.sendError() might help.

Tomcat itself has examples that use PUT requests. You may check
whether those work in 8.0.0-RC3.

a) Remote API of the Manager web application. It is usually used from Ant tasks.
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/manager-howto.html

b) WebDAV servlet.
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/servlets/WebdavServlet.html

Best regards,