tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Arch (sarch)" <>
Subject RE: Different handling of -Dfoo="bar" between versions
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 17:01:33 GMT
I meant to. For some reason when I hit 'reply' it replied to only you rather than the whole
mailing list as it had previously done. Apologies.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Schultz []
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 6:00 PM
To: Steve Arch (sarch); Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Different handling of -Dfoo="bar" between versions

Please post-back to the list instead of individual members of the community. The Tomcat users'
list isn't a place to get hooked-up with people who can help you... it's to get help from
the community. By replying to me privately you are 1) robbing yourself of the wisdom of other
members and b) robbing those other members of your own comments.

On 10/3/13 12:42 PM, Steve Arch (sarch) wrote:
> Your guess was correct. AWS uses a custom launch script that gets
> configured after tomcat is installed. When an update is installed, it
> trashes the customisation (renaming the start script in
> /etc/init.d/tomcat7) and reverts to tomcat's default behaviour.
> That’s why I (incorrectly) believed that it was a change in the tomcat
> versions.
> Full explanation (and fix for EB users at the bottom) here:

It looks like the real solution can be found here:

View raw message