tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Arnold <carn...@electrichendrix.com>
Subject Re: Secure Tomcat With SSL
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2013 00:47:03 GMT
>>Chris,

On 26.10.2013 23:39, Chris Arnold wrote:
> Tomcat 7.0.42 on SLES11. I am following http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/ssl-howto.html#Configuration
to secure tomcat. I have uncommented the SSL HTTP section. The configuration section of that
doc, importing the certificate: i have a go daddy bundle in crt format. I can download the
cert bundle from go daddy for tomcat but it also is a crt file. Do i have to run this exact
command:

> openssl pkcs12 -export -in mycert.crt -inkey mykey.key \
>                          -out mycert.p12 -name tomcat -CAfile myCA.crt \
>                          -caname root -chain

>>It looks ok to me. Does it work for you?

It doesn't look like it will work as i do not have a ca file.

>>It will create PKCS#12 keystore file (mycert.p12), so you may:

>>1. add parameter keystoreType="pkcs12" to your HTTPS connector, and use
>>that file, or
>>2. convert PKCS#12 keystore to Java Keystore format, and use default
>>keystore type (JKS).

>>This is both possible, only if you plan to use either BIO or NIO HTTP
>>connector. If you plan to use APR, connector configuration is completely
>>different.

Not sure what either of these are. I just need secure tomcat