tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jay <jay.malla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat server 4.1.31 out of memory issue
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 01:13:22 GMT
I have already tried removing the enhancement and restarting. The sever still has the out of
memory issue on startup.

Tomcat logs shows different exception related to product. Hence it's difficult to really to
understand what caused out of memory issue.

Sent from jay's iPhone

in out of memory issue. Now whenever we start the server the server memory becomes 0 within
few mins hence no memory is available for application.

> It looks to me like the diagnosis is rather easy here : apparently, A) before this last
"enhancement" it did  not run out of memory, and B) after the enhancement it does.
> B - A = "enhancement".
> So why do you not ask the author of "enhancement" why it makes tomcat run out of memory,
and what his recommendation is to avoid this ?

I start the server it always results in out of memory issue.

> Remove "enhancement" ?
>
>>> We tried to increase heap size but could not be of any help. We are trying to
increase the permgen space. Could you please help to clear server memory on start of tomcat.