tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Arnold <carn...@electrichendrix.com>
Subject Re: Multi-URL Access 1 Webapp
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 13:07:34 GMT
Hi Matt,

>>>Hi Chris,

>>>You probably want to be using ServerAlias here, iirc..

Changed back to ServerAlias

>        #This rewrites https://share.anydomain.tld to our alfresco server
>        RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^share\.
>        RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on

>>>Okay, I'll take a bite at the obvious.  Your vhost is running on *:80, and your
mod_rewrite condition only triggers >>>for https; is your httpd actually serving
https on port 80?

No, that is a copy/paste typo on my part.

>        RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://192.168.123.3:8080/share/$1 [P]
>        RedirectMatch ^/$ /share/

>>>I sort of doubt that this combination of rewrites and redirects is going to do
what you want.  If the RedirectMatch >>>fires (I'm not positive it would), it would
send a 302 to /share/, which would then get proxied to /share/share/ on >>>your app
server.  (This is the type of setup I typically find mod_proxy much easier to work with vs
mod_redirect, >>>but this is all OT for this list..)

I agree with you on OT. I am trying to determine if this is a tomcat issue or an apache issue.
A few months back, i asked how to go about accomplishing this and i was instructed to config
tomcat is this manner:

add to httpd.conf = # mod_jk
Include /opt/alfresco/tomcat/conf/jk.conf

jk.conf = <IfModule mod_jk.c>

    JkWorkersFile /opt/alfresco/tomcat/workers.properties
    JkLogFile /var/log/alfresco/mod_jk.log
    JkShmFile /var/log/alfresco/shm

    # Log level to be used by mod_jk
    JkLogLevel error

    # The following line prohibits users from directly accessing WEB-INF
    <Location "/share/WEB-INF/">
	#AllowOverride None
	deny from all
    </Location>

</IfModule>

workers.properties = # Define two status worker:
# - jk-status for read-only use
# - jk-manager for read/write use
worker.list=jk-status
worker.jk-status.type=status
worker.jk-status.read_only=true

worker.list=jk-manager
worker.list=worker1
worker.jk-manager.type=status
Plus all the other properties inside the file that i wont posted here. Then made an apache
vhost file like this:
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin email@address
    ServerName share.server.name

    JkMount /share|/* worker1
    RedirectMatch ^/$ http://share.server.name/share/

</VirtualHost>

This worked for the 1 share.domain.tld so i made other vhosts for the other share.domain.tld.
The other share.domain.tld's do not work using mod_jk. So i am trying to determine if i need
to undo the mod_jk config and setup straight vhosts. I am using mod_proxy with apache