tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat server 4.1.31 out of memory issue
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:31:17 GMT
Jay wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using the Tomcat 4.1.31. Recently some new enhancement has resulted in out
of memory issue. Now whenever we start the server the server memory becomes 0 within few mins
hence no memory is available for application.

It looks to me like the diagnosis is rather easy here : apparently, A) before this last
"enhancement" it did  not run out of memory, and B) after the enhancement it does.
B - A = "enhancement".
So why do you not ask the author of "enhancement" why it makes tomcat run out of memory,
and what his recommendation is to avoid this ?

>>> Please provide help of procedure to clear the memory currently every time I start
the server it always results in out of memory issue.

Remove "enhancement" ?

>> We tried to increase heap size but could not be of any help. We are trying to increase
the permgen space. Could you please help to clear server memory on start of tomcat.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=java+permgen+space  ?

What do the tomcat logs say ?