tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat server 4.1.31 out of memory issue
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:35:46 GMT
On 29/10/2013 07:09, Jay wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am using the Tomcat 4.1.31. Recently some new enhancement has resulted in out
of memory issue. Now whenever we start the server the server memory becomes 0 within few mins
hence no memory is available for application.

>>> Please provide help of procedure to clear the memory currently every time I start
the server it always results in out of memory issue.

>> We tried to increase heap size but could not be of any help. We are trying to increase
the permgen space. Could you please help to clear server memory on start of tomcat.

>>> Sent from jay's iPhone

1. When reporting an error that generates a stack trace, please provide
the stack trace. There are several possible causes of an out of memory
error and the stack trace will tell us which it is.

2. Tomcat 4.1.31 is over 9 years old. Support for all 4.1.x stopped over
4 years ago in June 2009. You really, really, need to upgrade to a
supported version.

Mark