tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ognjen.d.blagoje...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Secure Tomcat With SSL
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2013 09:41:35 GMT
Chris,

On 27.10.2013 2:47, Chris Arnold wrote:
>>> This is both possible, only if you plan to use either BIO or NIO HTTP
>>> connector. If you plan to use APR, connector configuration is completely
>>> different.
>
> Not sure what either of these are. I just need secure tomcat

Let us first determine which connector do you have configured (BIO, NIO
or APR), because HTTPS configuration depends on connector type. Could
you send your server.xml with comments and sensitive information removed?

Also, could you send your Tomcat startup messages? Depending on your
configuration you can find them at the console or in file
"logs/catalina*.*". We only need to see connector initialization log
messages, like these:

??? 19, 2013 12:01:06 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-apr-8080"]
??? 19, 2013 12:01:06 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["ajp-apr-8009"]

In the above example, you can see that APR connector is being initialized.

If you want to find out about different connector types, you may find
more information here:

1.
http://people.apache.org/~markt/presentations/2009-04-01-TomcatTuning.pdf (slides
13-20)