tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Restrict the use of JDK classes Tomcat 7 or 6
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 16:30:15 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: cjderham@gmail.com [mailto:cjderham@gmail.com]
>> On Behalf Of chris derham
>> Subject: Re: Restrict the use of JDK classes Tomcat 7 or 6
>
>> Do the mailing list rules state home work questions are in or out of scope?
>
> To quote from "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" (http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html),
which is linked to from the Tomcat mailing lists page:

> Don't post homework questions

Now come on guys.  UCM3 is the Universidad Carlos III of Madrid, Spain.
So we have an OP here who attends a Spanish university, is learning Java, has a genuine
Spanish name, yet phrases questions correctly and politely in English, on a forum which
the OP found and which is at least related to the subject.
You do not have to solve her homework.  But a bit of slack, a pointer or two from real
Java experts ?
And the fact that I am currently in Valencia, a mere 3 hours from Madrid, has absolutely
nothing to do with any of this.