tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Edoardo Panfili <edoa...@aspix.it>
Subject Re: can't connect to manager application
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2013 21:45:25 GMT
Il 19/10/13 16:44, Ognjen Blagojevic ha scritto:
> Edoardo,
>
> On 19.10.2013 0:03, Edoardo Panfili wrote:
>> 4- second modify to server.xml
>> <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
>> unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
>> becomes
>> <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
>> unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true" deployXML="false">
>
> It is great that you took effort to pin-point the source of the problem.
> Often users are not willing to do that.
thanks to so many people ready to help!

> Now, deployXML=false instructs Tomcat to ignore context descriptors in
> directory webapps/, and to consider only those in directory conf/. That
> means that context descriptor webapps/manager/META-INF/context.xml is
> ignored, so manager application is not properly intialized.
_sorry_ must read carefully documentation! as usual!

"deployXML: Set to false if you want to disable parsing the context XML
descriptor embedded inside the application (located at
/META-INF/context.xml)."

I thought that in any case if application.xml was not present in
conf/Catalina/localhost Tomcat would read that in applicatin/META-INF
I was wrong.

> If you want to keep parameter deployXML set to false, I believe you need
> to copy webapps/manager/META-INF/context.xml to
> conf/Catalina/localhost/manager.xml.
Great! right (and sounds also logic now)

it works in the virtual machine and also in production server.

thank you again to all
Edoardo