tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <>
Subject Re: can't connect to manager application
Date Sat, 19 Oct 2013 14:44:17 GMT

On 19.10.2013 0:03, Edoardo Panfili wrote:
> 4- second modify to server.xml
> <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
> unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
> becomes
> <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
> unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true" deployXML="false">

It is great that you took effort to pin-point the source of the problem.
Often users are not willing to do that.

Now, deployXML=false instructs Tomcat to ignore context descriptors in
directory webapps/, and to consider only those in directory conf/. That
means that context descriptor webapps/manager/META-INF/context.xml is
ignored, so manager application is not properly intialized.

If you want to keep parameter deployXML set to false, I believe you need
to copy webapps/manager/META-INF/context.xml to

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message