tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Edoardo Panfili <edoa...@aspix.it>
Subject Re: can't connect to manager application
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 18:09:12 GMT
Il 18/10/13 19:17, André Warnier ha scritto:
> Christopher Schultz wrote:
>>
>> André,

to reproduce the

on

>> <init-param>

>> <init-param>

>>> The logfile says :
>>>
>>> Informazioni: Marking servlet Manager as unavailable ott 18, 2013
>>> 4:48:17 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
>>> Grave: Allocate exception for servlet Manager
>>> java.lang.SecurityException: Restricted (ContainerServlet) class
>>> org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet
>>>
>>> So to my (admittedly untrained) eyes, it may look like the Manager
>>> application (and its static pages) is deployed, but it is when
>>> it's servlet is starting to run that the Java Security Manager
>>> shoots it down.. It doesn't for that undeploy the whole app I
>>> guess.
>>
>> Thanks for pointing that out; it makes much more sense given that
>> explanation.
>>

> I think that there was a clue quite a few messages ago : some parameter
> in the Manager's web.xml had a value that probably meant that it wasn't
> necesaarily initialised when Tomcat starts up, only when it is first
> called.
I didn't touch the manager application (at least not voluntarily!).

> That may also explain why the latest logfile did not show any problem.
> It was probably copied before the first real call to the Manager happened.

> Right now though, there is probably the same error message in the logs
> as before, because Edoardo tried to call the Manager app, /after/ he
> sent us the startup logfile.
Are we talking of catalina.out? if so: no. the problem is that the
exception log is not in catalina.out (or
catalina-daemon.out in my system) but in manager.2013-10-18.log

ott 18, 2013 6:44:14 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
Informazioni: Marking servlet Manager as unavailable
ott 18, 2013 6:44:14 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
Grave: Allocate exception for servlet Manager
java.lang.SecurityException: Restricted (ContainerServlet) class
org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.checkAccess(DefaultInstanceManager.java:538)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.loadClassMaybePrivileged(DefaultInstanceManager.java:511)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.DefaultInstanceManager.newInstance(DefaultInstanceManager.java:137)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1144)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:865)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:136)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
	at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:611)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
	at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1023)
	at
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:310)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

(the same as before)

I am copying the whole Tomcat folder from the production server to my
local virtual machine.

I will post a detailed report (but it requests some time).

thank you again
Edoardo