tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: can't connect to manager application
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:48:08 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

> Edoardo,

>>> <MG>my HostManagerServlet is defined in
>>> webapps/host-manager/WEB-INF/web.xml as: <servlet>
>>> <servlet-name>HostManager</servlet-name>
>>>
>>> <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.manager.host.HostManagerServlet</servlet-class>
>>>

> <init-param>
>>> <param-name>debug</param-name> <param-value>2</param-value>

>>> </init-param> </servlet> <servlet>
>>> <servlet-name>HTMLHostManager</servlet-name>
>>>
>>> <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.manager.host.HTMLHostManagerServlet</servlet-class>
>>>

> <init-param>
>>> <param-name>debug</param-name> <param-value>2</param-value>

>>> </init-param> </servlet> </MG>
>> the same for me.

>>> <MG>my privileged attr in Context is located at
>>> /webapps/host-manager/META-INF/context.xml as: <Context
>>> antiResourceLocking="false" privileged="true" />
>> also this, the same.
>>
>> I can try with a new install (as suggested from Ognjen )
>>
>> then try to use manager before install jsvc and befor setting the
>> jmx properties.
>
> Neither jsvc nor jmx should have any effect on what you are seeing. I
> would like to confirm that, however. Let us know what you discover.
>
> The SecurityException is certainly going to be a problem. It's odd
> that you saw the SecurityException which should fail to deploy the
> Manager, yet you are seeing the Manager's 404-not-found page which
> would require the Manager to be deployed.

The logfile says :

Informazioni: Marking servlet Manager as unavailable
ott 18, 2013 4:48:17 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve
invoke
Grave: Allocate exception for servlet Manager
java.lang.SecurityException: Restricted (ContainerServlet) class
org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet

So to my (admittedly untrained) eyes, it may look like the Manager application (and its
static pages) is deployed, but it is when it's servlet is starting to run that the Java
Security Manager shoots it down..
It doesn't for that undeploy the whole app I guess.