tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Edoardo Panfili <edoa...@aspix.it>
Subject Re: can't connect to manager application
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:21:14 GMT
Il 18/10/13 18:16, Caldarale, Charles R ha scritto:
>> From: Edoardo Panfili [mailto:edoardo@aspix.it]
>> Subject: Re: can't connect to manager application
>
>> seem that the solution is to add privileged="true" at
>> $tomcat/conf/context.xml... and the "reoload" command now works.
>
> You really, really, really must not do that.  Adding privileged="true" to conf/context.xml
makes _all_ deployed webapps privileged.  The <Context> element for the manager webapp
already has privileged="true" in it - unless you took it out.

ok, it look not so good for me to change default privileges.
but.. what can I do?

> Note that if you're using a 3rd-party repackaged version of Tomcat, all bets are off.
 The repackagers frequently make a mess of things, such as the above.  Best to use a Tomcat
downloaded from tomcat.apache.org.
I use the tar.gz from tomcat.apche.org.

Edoardo