tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Edoardo Panfili <edoa...@aspix.it>
Subject can't connect to manager application
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 16:45:30 GMT
My Tomcat (7.0.42) is listening on port 7080 and I have this
conf/tomcat-users.xml in (production server)

-------
<tomcat-users>
<role rolename="manager-script"/>
  <user username="myname" password="pwd"
roles="manager-script,manager-gui,manager-jmx"/>
</tomcat-users>
----------
if I use

curl -u myname:pwd
http://localhost:7080/manager/text/reload?path=/myApplication

the response is--------------------------
    <h1>404 Not found</h1>
     The page you tried to access
     (/manager/text/reload)
     does not exist.
     The Manager application has been re-structured for Tomcat 7 onwards
and some
     of URLs have changed. All URLs used to access the Manager
application should
     now start with one of the following options:
     <ul>
       <li>/manager/html for the HTML GUI</li>
       <li>/manager/text for the text interface</li>
       <li>/manager/jmxproxy for the JMX proxy</li>
       <li>/manager/status for the status pages</li>
     </ul>
     Note that the URL for the text interface has changed from
     &quot;/manager&quot; to
     &quot;/manager/text&quot;.
     You probably need to adjust the URL you are using to access the Manager
     application. However, there is always a chance you have found a bug
in the
     Manager application. If you are sure you have found a bug, and that
the bug
     has not already been reported, please report it to the Apache
Tomcat team.
on my local machine all goes well (same tomcat version but on port
8080), can't figure what is different on production server... where can
I take a look?

Some release ago (tomcat 7.0.x sorry, I can't be more precise) all was
well also on production server. Maybe i did something wrong during an
update.

thank you
Edoardo