tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: overriden context root
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:21:43 GMT
vicky wrote:
> hi All,
> I have added below entry in server.xml  to override the context root of my application
i.e from /dummy  to /market.

> The problem is now the application is accessible via both context roots i.e via /dummy
& /market context roots but I want the application to be accessible only via overridden
context root i.e via /market only.

> Kindly suggest how to do it.
> <Context docBase="/amp/tomcat1 /webapps/dummy.war" path ="/market"/>

Vicky,

I think that you are going to be submitted to quite a number of rebuffs.

1. You should specify at least the Tomcat version which you are using : x.y.z

2. You should indicate where this <Context> element is located

3. You should really read :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Introduction

and in particular :
- that <Context> elements inside of server.xml are discouraged
- that outside of server.xml, the "path" attribute is invalid in <Context> elements

and to make it short, why do you not just rename "dummy.war" to "market.war" ?