tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bad Gateway
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 17:08:52 GMT
On 09/10/2013 16:21, Salisbury, Richard W DLA CTR TRANSACTION SERVICES
wrote:
>> You appear to be missing SSLEnabled="true" on your Tomcat connector.
>>
>> The start-up log messages for that connector will confirm whether that
>> analysis is correct.
>>
>> Mark
>
> Thank you Mark.
>
> That was it.

Happy to help.

> I added SSLEnabled="true" to the Tomcat connector, restarted Tomcat and
> the Bad Gateway error disappeared.
> Don't know why the production system works without that setting, unless
> it is because it is a different version.

It could be. You might want to check that because any earlier version is
likely to have known security vulnerabilities (5.5.x certainly does).
That might be an issue depending on the nature of your production system.

Mark