tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: HOWTO Same web application serving UI / SOAP ?
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 13:19:17 GMT
N.s.Karthik wrote:
> My Friend
>
> Let me Explain...
>
> I have an an  web based application hosted on a tomcat server (port :8080)
> hence to access the application , i have to use the URL as follows
>
> *http://<IP>:<port>/APP/index.jsp*
>
> Now if  some reason , I have to expose some underlying methods  part's of
> the same web Application  as SOAP
> requirement (Applying Axis2 config  on same web application) ,I have to use
> the URL as follows
>
> *http://<IP>:<port>/APP/services/abcd?wsdl*
>
> What OTHER config changes / challenges  should i have to do   in Tomcat  for
> multi usage ( browser / SOAP ) for the same ?

Hi. Sorry, but I still do not understand clearly what the problem is.

What do you call "one URL" ?
To me,

http://<IP>:<port>/APP/index.jsp
is one URL
and
http://<IP>:<port>/APP/services/abcd?wsdl
is another URL

These 2 URLs happen to match for the part
http://<IP>:<port>/APP/
which would mean that, using the standard Tomcat mapping rules, they would be passed on by

Tomcat to the same webapp "APP".

Now what happens below that, with the parts "/index.jsp" or "/services/*", is under
control of the <url-mapping> sections of the webapp's
..(tomcat)/webapps/APP/WEB-INF/web.xml file.
Is it that part that is not clear ?