tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jordan Michaels <jor...@viviotech.net>
Subject Log4J2 and Tomcat (Was: Override logging)
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 18:54:04 GMT
Interesting that you're bringing this up, I'm researching similar things
for a project. Specifically, I'm looking over the documentaiton at the
bottom of the page here regarding log4j:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/logging.html

...and log4j 1.2.9 seems to work great. Has anyone tried this same
method with the upcoming log4j2? IE: would the current tomcat-juli.jar,
and tomcat-juli-adapters.jar work with log4j2?

Just curious mostly, I'm pretty happy with log4j 1.2.9 as it is. As
usual, the Tomcat and log4j dev teams have done amazing work there.

Warm Regards,
Jordan Michaels