tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Getting error 403 forbidden while using HTTP PUT method
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 19:31:08 GMT
Arnab Majumder wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I am using Apache Tomcat 8.0.0-RC3 Server and spring dispatcher servlet . I am getting
403 forbidden while using HTTP PUT method but HTTPGET method is working properly. I am trying
to solve this with security constraint but it is giving me 409 conflict error because I am
using spring dispatcher servlet and It is not working.But It is working perfect on tomcat
7 .Please help me to get rid of this .

As far as I know, Tomcat by default does not accept PUT requests.
(Just think of what it really does; it would be a real security issue if it worked by
default).

To accept PUT requests, you need an application that handles such requests specifically.
(For example : DAV).
Are you sure that your problem is not because in Tomcat 7 you have an application which
accepts PUT requests, but in Tomcat 8 you do not ?