tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Arnold <carn...@electrichendrix.com>
Subject Re: Secure Tomcat With SSL
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 14:42:31 GMT
>Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to help me in securing tomcat. I called godaddy and they instructed
me to download the tomcat cert, which i did, and follow their provided instructions:
http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/5239/generating-a-csr-and-installing-an-ssl-certificate-in-tomcat-4x5x6x?locale=en

I skipped generating a keystore and csr in tomcat and went directly to install ssl in tomcat
(generating a csr and keystore = tomcat already has a keystore, no? I already have generated
the csr with godaddy (thats how i got the cert, no?)

So in installing ssl in tomcat, i run the 1st command:
keytool -import -alias root -keystore tomcat.keystore -trustcacerts -file /root/2b05f72c7ddd37/gd_bundle.crt
(this is the root cert according to rep with godaddy)
and get this:

Enter keystore password:
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Certificate not imported, alias <root> already exists

Then:
./keytool -import -alias intermed -keystore tomcat.keystore -trustcacerts -file /root/2b05f72c7ddd37/gd_intermediate.crt
and get this:

Enter keystore password:
Certificate already exists in keystore under alias <root>
Do you still want to add it? [no]:  y
Certificate was added to keystore

Then:
./keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore tomcat.keystore -trustcacerts -file /root/2b05f72c7ddd37//2b05f72c7ddd37.crt
and get this:

Enter keystore password:
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Certificate not imported, alias <tomcat> already
exists

Not sure where to go from here! Can anyone help? I just want to do something basic and that
issecure tomcat with a godaddy SSL cert.