tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chirag Dewan <chirag.dewa...@yahoo.in>
Subject Re: Issue while using SSL with Embedded Tomcat 6.0.37
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 01:46:18 GMT
Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your assistance. I enabled these protocols but that dint help.

Finally after 24 hours of digging in I figured out the problem.

We found out that the clients connection timeout was close to around 80mins(which is inexplicable)
and there is a firewall in between the client and the server. After 60sec(server timeout)
server sent a FIN to the client, but there is no ACK from the other side and server connection
closes. So if the next request comes within 80mins it tries to use the connection which is
in TIME_WAIT state,and thus fails since SSL handshaking is closed by the server. And second
request onwards handshaking happens again.

Appreciate all of you for your help.

Chirag.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android