tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chirag Dewan <chirag.dewa...@yahoo.in>
Subject Issue while using SSL with Embedded Tomcat 6.0.37
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 10:01:25 GMT
Hi All,

I am using Embedded Tomcat 6.0.37. I have a servlet which is running over HTTPS using SSL
Connector. I have a Java Keystore with Customer Certificate imported in it.

Now,there is a HTTP Client on the customers end which connects with the servlet over HTTPS(I
have very little information about the customers client configuration)

The problem we are facing is:

For the first request from Client,the SSL handshaking fails. From second request,handshaking
is completed successfully and the requests are processed. I have observed when Server selects
TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA  as the cypher suite,only then the Server sends a reset
to the client and the handshaking fails. On second request,with same cypher suite,it works
fine.

Can anyone assist me in understanding why it is failing for the first time? And is there any
way I can force the Tomcat not to select this cypher suite? Or any other way that I can resolve
this issue.

Thanks a lot.

Chirag Dewan