tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bob DeRemer <bob.dere...@thingworx.com>
Subject how to access HTTP response from jsr-356 ServerEndpointConfig.Configurator.modifyHandshake?
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 14:26:50 GMT
Thanks for the direction on using the respective Client/Server EndpointConfig.Configurator
plumbing to do a pre-connection AUTH.  Unfortunately, I'm stuck on the server side when trying
to actually modify the HTTP response result code from within the Configurator.  It doesn't
appear that the HandshakeResponse [or anything else that I could see] provides access to modify
the actual HTTP response - setting it to 403 if the AUTH fails.    In fact, from looking at
the UpgradeUtil.doUpgrade, it seems that the decision to upgrade has already been made by
the time the modifyHandshake override gets called.

If I'm missing anything, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bob DeRemer
Senior Director, Architecture and Development

http://www.thingworx.com<http://www.thingworx.com/>
Skype: bob.deremer.thingworx
O: 610.594.6200 x812
M: 717.881.3986