tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mohan.radhakrish...@polarisFT.com
Subject Re: worker.properties misconfiguration ?
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 04:02:33 GMT
It does have an effect according to the netstat output.

I want to forget this configuration in a production bank server done by
someone :-) It looks like the parser picked up node1, They have ignored
the parser errors wherever it is logged.

node2 loadbalancer is not a node at all. A space is there instead of a
comma. But node2's AJP port is connected to from the Apache machine and I
don't
know if I have to suspect the 'status' worker or not.

I am changing everything.

Thanks.

From:   Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net>
To:     Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date:   09/23/2013 05:59 PM
Subject:        Re: worker.properties misconfiguration ?

André,

On 9/23/13 3:03 AM, André Warnier wrote:
> mohan.radhakrishnan@polarisFT.com wrote:
>> Hi, I came across this worker.properties that has two workers to
>> balance the load.
>>
>> worker.list=node1,node2 loadbalancer,status
>>
>> This particular line seems to be misconfigured. 'worker.list'
>> has node1,node2  <space> loadbalancer,status
>>
>> I think the line should be like this
>>
>> worker.list=loadbalancer,status
>
> Correct.
>

>> Does anyone know if the incorrectly configured line is actually
>> meaningful ?
>
> No, it isn't.

Well, that line does have an effect... just not the likely intended
effect.

What you will probably end up with is three actually-active workers:
"node1", "node2 loadbanalcer" and "status".

Since you have configured a "status" worker, try navigating to
whatever URL has mounted that worker (or add a JkMount that does such
a thing) and looking at the effective configuration.

I'm surprised you didn't get an error on this line:

>> worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=node1,node2

...since "node2" probably does not exist.

- -chris