tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nicholas Violi <nvi...@globalgiving.org>
Subject Re: Problems with Clustering / Session Replication
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 20:33:03 GMT
On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 4:18 PM, Daniel Mikusa <dmikusa@gopivotal.com>wrote:

> I would disagree with this conclusion.  In your test setup you absolutely
> need this.  In production, you don't need HTTPD because you have a
> dedicated hardware load balancer.  Unless you have one of those on your
> desk, you need HTTPD to perform that role.

Since this is just for testing, my plan was to use the two alternate ports
to mimic load balancing: I can interact with tomcat A on port 8080, then
switch to 8082 and hopefully see the same session data on tomcat B. What
benefit does apache load balancing bring to my testing of the clustering
features?