tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose MarĂ­a Zaragoza <demablo...@gmail.com>
Subject Release a database connection from pool
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 18:56:01 GMT
Hello:

I've got a simple question.
I'm using Tomcat 6 & DBCP library ( bit I've got the same question
with Tomcat JDBC pool )

My question is:

when DBCP wants to release a database connection from the pool ( for
example , if it is idle for more than minEvictableIdleTimeMillis )

does it just close the TCP socket connection ( FIN packet )?
If it does, is it enough for remote database server knows that it has
to release its resources ?

Or does it do anything more by using propietary driver's commands? I
asking me if ( some ) database servers need a special command to
finish a connection/session ?

Thanks and regards