tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sabari Gandhi <SGan...@kivasystems.com>
Subject Tomcat class loading with index.list - invalid jar index exception
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 21:00:00 GMT
All:

I am facing an invalid jar index exception in both tomcat 5.5.x and 7.0.39 . After some investigation
, we figured out this is because of class loading in tomcat which uses  index.list file in
jar files. I have two jars with same package names but classes in those package are different.
Since the package name are defined or mentioned in the index.list file of every jar for some
reason tomcat is showing me an invalid jar index exception even if try to load  a simple index.jsp.

Any suggestions to overcome this is greatly appreciated. Thanks !!

Thanks and Regards,
Sabari