tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@gopivotal.com>
Subject Resources Usage Question
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 16:15:15 GMT
I'm looking at the new resources implementation in Tomcat 8 and I see that there are three
ways to define a resource in a Context.  With a PreResources, JarResources or PostResources
tag.

My question, what is the difference between JarResources and PostResources?

From the docs, the main difference between PreResources and PostResources appears to be the
order in which they are searched.  PreResources are check before the main resources and PostResources
are checked after the main resources.  With that, what are JarResources used for?  Both JarResources
and PostResources are searched after the main resources.  What is the distinction between
the two?  When would you use one over the other?

Thanks

Dan