tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James H. H. Lampert" <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Using a P7B certificate file
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 17:12:04 GMT
We have a customer that wants to apply an existing multi-domain
certificate to the tomcat server in our application.

The only thing is, all we've seen is a P7B file, not a keystore, and we
don't even know what sort of keystore they used to generate the original
CSR.

The only time a similar situation came up in the past was when somebody
jumped the gun, and assumed that since the Tomcat server was running on
an AS/400, it would use keystores and certificates created through IBM's
Digital Certificate Manager, in IBM's proprietary format. All I can say
about that is that I hope they either got their money back for the
totally unusable keystore, or got credit on the correct one. Needless to
say, we generally take full control of certificate installation, in
order to reduce the potential for expensive mistakes.

At any rate, what can be done with this customer who wants to use their
multi-domain certificate in Tomcat?

--
JHHL