tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Smith, Mitchell" <mitchell.sm...@cwc.com>
Subject maxActiveConnections usage
Date Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:43:22 GMT
Hi,

I was looking at using the maxActiveConnections in the application context,
what I find is. When I reach the limit, as expected the server will not
create a new session, however does return a http 200 status code.

I am wondering would it be possible for me to change this behavior to
return say a 300 range code to redirect to (in a production environment)
load balancer.

I can see some potential issues with this, like the possibility of an
infinite loop, but for now I am just exploring possible ways to prevent my
tomcat servers becoming overloaded.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas for this type of solution?

Regards
--
*Mitchell Smith
*

The information contained in this email (and any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient
and have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email
and delete the message and any attachments.
If you are not the named addressee, you must not copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use
the information contained in this email.
Cable & Wireless Communications Plc and its affiliates reserve the right to monitor all
email communications through their networks to
ensure regulatory compliance.

Cable & Wireless Communications Plc is a company registered in England & Wales with
number:
07130199 and offices located at 3rd Floor, 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4HQ