tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aurélien Terrestris <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 / Java 7 with TLS 1.2 algorithms
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 12:24:15 GMT

I suppose you need to run your JVM with the unrestricted policy files (on b=
oth client and server sides). You have to download them from Oracle website=
 for your java version, and replace the old.

These files are :

2013/8/22  <>:
> Tomcat 7.0.40 seems to work well with TLS 1.2, forced by using a sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2"
attribute on the <Connector>. But I haven't been able to make it work with any of the
SHA256/384 algorithms - they always show up in the "Ignoring unsupported cipher suite" list.
I get the same thing happening when I try to use them from client code, so I know it's not
a Tomcat issue, but I'm hoping someone knows a workaround.