tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alejandro Soto <smalejan...@gmail.com>
Subject Please, I need to understand how apache tomcat finds taglib files with .tld and .xml extensions
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 17:51:09 GMT
Hello:

I have the following problem, actually it is not a problem, it is a
conceptual problem I think.
I have a custom taglib file, which is named mytaglib.xml. When I deploy my
app, which uses this file, in apache tomcat 5.5 and better, my app does not
have any problem to find this file, and everything works fine. But when I
deploy my app in JBoss, I have the problem that the app can't find this
file. If I renamed this file to mytaglib.tld, the problem is solved. I did
the same test with tomcat, and it works fine. So, my question is, why
doesn't apache tomcat have problems to find this file with a .tld or .xml
extension?. I would like to know whether in older versions of apache
tomcat, the name of taglib.xml was required, so today there is no problem
with .tld or .xml extension. Is this part documented in somewhere?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

--
Alejandro