tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kees Jan Koster <kjkos...@gmail.com>
Subject java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer in setSocketOptions()
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2013 21:14:56 GMT
Dear All,

I have an exception that is littering my catalina.out. I see about 7000 of these on a normal
day (server handles about 25 requests per second). It is this precise stack trace always.
I have some other exceptions, but this one is the main headache I have today.

Tomcat 7.0.30
openjdk version "1.7.0_25"
FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE

My questions:
1) What might be causing this?
2) What other information do you need to help shed some light on this problem?
3) How can I found out if this is happening from specific IP addresses maybe?
4) Any queues that might be overflowing? I have acceptCount 1024 and kern.ipc.somaxconn 1024,
which should be plenty, right?
5) Any other steps I can take to dive deeper?

Aug 03, 2013 8:50:45 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint setSocketOptions
SEVERE:
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
	at sun.nio.ch.Net.setIntOption0(Native Method)
	at sun.nio.ch.Net.setSocketOption(Net.java:373)
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.setOption(SocketChannelImpl.java:189)
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.setBooleanOption(SocketAdaptor.java:290)
	at sun.nio.ch.SocketAdaptor.setTcpNoDelay(SocketAdaptor.java:325)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProperties.setProperties(SocketProperties.java:199)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint.setSocketOptions(NioEndpoint.java:649)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$Acceptor.run(NioEndpoint.java:802)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/
kjkoster@kjkoster.org
+31651838192

Repairing cannot be completed, you can only stop doing it.
                                    -- Belarusian proverb