tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Cert
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 13:22:18 GMT
Daniel

...he hasn't imported his DER typed certificate into the LDAP Server yet..

Martin

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Subject: Re: Cert
> From: dmikusa@gopivotal.com
> Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 08:58:12 -0400
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
>
> On Aug 2, 2013, at 7:33 AM, Kyle Shattuck <kyles@montcalm.edu> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > I am using Tomcat 7 on a windows server 2012 build for this: https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASUM/Best+Practice+-+Setting+Up+CAS+Locally+using+the+Maven2+WAR+Overlay+Method
> >
> > I don't think SSL is not working correctly because every time I try to authenticate
over LDAPS it does not work.

> What part of this doesn't work?  Connecting via SSL or authentication via LDAP?  They
are two different things.

> Can you connect to your server via HTTPS and access a static resource like an HTML page
or image file?  If not, what happens when you try to connect?

> > I created a .csr and a .jks using the java keytool. I got a cert using my .csr file
from digicert by downloading it to a .p7b file. I imported the .p7b file to my %jave_home%\bin\mykeystore.jks.
I then download from digicert the same cert but in a .pem file and imported the file to my
%jave_home5\jre\lib\security\cacerts.