tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Nick Williams <nicho...@nicholaswilliams.net>
Subject Re: Help about my problem
Date Sat, 03 Aug 2013 13:39:50 GMT

On Aug 3, 2013, at 1:55 AM, Mehdi Yousefi wrote:

> Hi
> Thanks for your attention
> it is up on port 8000
> but dident respond
> this is for some medical use and the boss did not  accept a risk of
> updating to last version

Well, your boss is wrong and foolish then. Since this is for a medical application of some
sort, it is even /more/ imperative that you upgrade. There have been /numerous/ security issues
discovered and fixed in Tomcat 6 in the last 6 years. By not upgrading, you are exposing all
of that sensitive medical information to those security issues. You are putting your medical
application at /greater/ risk by not upgrading.

> 
> my log after startup is
> 
> Aug 2, 2013 9:49:42 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
> INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in
> production environments was not found on the java.library.path:
> /usr/java/jdk1.6.0_02/jre/lib/i386/client:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_02/
> jre/lib/i386:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_02/jre/../lib/i386:/usr/java/packages/lib/i386:/lib:/usr/lib
> Aug 2, 2013 9:49:42 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init INFO:
> Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-80 Aug 2, 2013 9:49:42 PM
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load INFO: Initialization processed in
> 266 ms Aug 2, 2013 9:49:42 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester
> fatalError SEVERE: Parse Fatal Error at line 1 column 1: Premature end of
> file. org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file. at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException
> (ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:195) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError
> (ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:174) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError
> (XMLErrorReporter.java:388) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(XMLScanner.java:1411)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next
> (XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:1037) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next
> (XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:645) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument
> (XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:508) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse
> (XML11Configuration.java:807) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse
> (XML11Configuration.java:737) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:107)
> at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse
> (AbstractSAXParser.java:1205) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse
> (SAXParserImpl.java:522) at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1581) at
> org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabase.open(MemoryUserDatabase.java:402)
> at org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory.getObjectInstance
> (MemoryUserDatabaseFactory.java:103) at
> org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFactory.java:140)
> at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)
> at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:793) at
> org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:140) at
> org.apache.naming.NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.nextElementInternal
> (NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.java:113) at
> org.apache.naming.NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.next
> (NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.java:71) at
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans
> (GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:137) at
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans
> (GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:109) at
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent
> (GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:81) at
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:120)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:703)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413) Aug 2, 2013
> 9:49:42 PM org.apache.naming.NamingContext lookup WARNING: Unexpected
> exception resolving reference org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end
> of file. at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse
> (AbstractSAXParser.java:1231) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse
> (SAXParserImpl.java:522) at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1581) at
> org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabase.open(MemoryUserDatabase.java:402)
> at org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory.getObjectInstance
> (MemoryUserDatabaseFactory.java:103) at
> org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFactory.java:140)
> File: /opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.10/logs/catalina.2013-08-02.log Page 2 of 4
> at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)
> at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:793) at
> org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:140) at
> org.apache.naming.NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.nextElementInternal
> (NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.java:113) at
> org.apache.naming.NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.next
> (NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.java:71) at
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans
> (GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:137) at
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans
> (GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:109) at
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent
> (GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:81) at
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:120)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:703)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413) Aug 2, 2013
> 9:49:42 PM org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener
> createMBeans SEVERE: Exception processing Global JNDI Resources
> javax.naming.NamingException: Premature end of file. at
> org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:805) at
> org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:140) at
> org.apache.naming.NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.nextElementInternal
> (NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.java:113) at
> org.apache.naming.NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.next
> (NamingContextBindingsEnumeration.java:71) at
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans
> (GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:137) at
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.createMBeans
> (GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:109) at
> org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.lifecycleEvent
> (GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener.java:81) at
> org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:120)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:703)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413) Aug 2, 2013
> 9:49:42 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start INFO: Starting
> service Catalina Aug 2, 2013 9:49:42 PM
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start INFO: Starting Servlet
> Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.10 Aug 2, 2013 9:49:42 PM
> org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester fatalError SEVERE: Parse Fatal
> Error at line 1 column 1: Premature end of file.
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file. at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException
> (ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:195) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError
> (ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:174) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError
> (XMLErrorReporter.java:388) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(XMLScanner.java:1411)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next
> (XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:1037) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next
> (XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:645) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument
> (XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:508) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse
> (XML11Configuration.java:807) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse
> (XML11Configuration.java:737) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:107)
> at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse
> File: /opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.10/logs/catalina.2013-08-02.log Page 3 of 4
> (AbstractSAXParser.java:1205) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse
> (SAXParserImpl.java:522) at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1581) at
> org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabase.open(MemoryUserDatabase.java:402)
> at org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory.getObjectInstance
> (MemoryUserDatabaseFactory.java:103) at
> org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFactory.java:140)
> at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)
> at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:793) at
> org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:153) at
> org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm.start(UserDatabaseRealm.java:253)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1007) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413) Aug 2, 2013
> 9:49:42 PM org.apache.naming.NamingContext lookup WARNING: Unexpected
> exception resolving reference org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end
> of file. at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse
> (AbstractSAXParser.java:1231) at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse
> (SAXParserImpl.java:522) at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1581) at
> org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabase.open(MemoryUserDatabase.java:402)
> at org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabaseFactory.getObjectInstance
> (MemoryUserDatabaseFactory.java:103) at
> org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFactory.java:140)
> at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)
> at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:793) at
> org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:153) at
> org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm.start(UserDatabaseRealm.java:253)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1007) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413) Aug 2, 2013
> 9:49:42 PM org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm start SEVERE:
> Exception looking up UserDatabase under key UserDatabase
> javax.naming.NamingException: Premature end of file. at
> org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:805) at
> org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:153) at
> org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm.start(UserDatabaseRealm.java:253)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1007) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448) at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413) Aug 2, 2013
> 9:49:42 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start SEVERE:
> Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  No UserDatabase component found under
> key UserDatabase at
> org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm.start(UserDatabaseRealm.java:261)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1007)
> File: /opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.10/logs/catalina.2013-08-02.log Page 4 of 4
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)
> at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
> at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288) at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413) Aug 2, 2013
> 9:49:42 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start INFO: Server startup
> in 30 ms
> 
> 
> 
> Regards
> 
> On Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 7:28 AM, Christopher Schultz <
> chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
> 
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>> Hash: SHA256
>> 
>> Mehdi,
>> 
>> On 8/2/13 7:27 PM, Mehdi Yousefi wrote:
>>> Hi i have use Tom-Cat ver 6.0.10 and i have only one web site on
>>> this my problem is when i try to connect to web server on localhost
>>> or network computers browser status is changing to "connecting to
>>> ..." but nothing hppens after long time my valid ip address is
>>> http://89.165.70.133/
>> 
>> Great (Fire)Wall of Iran?
>> 
>> Or maybe just misconfiguration:
>> 
>> Starting Nmap 6.01 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2013-08-02 22:50 EDT
>> Nmap scan report for 89.165.70.133
>> Host is up (0.13s latency).
>> Not shown: 994 filtered ports
>> PORT     STATE  SERVICE
>> 21/tcp   open   ftp
>> 554/tcp  open   rtsp
>> 911/tcp  closed xact-backup
>> 912/tcp  closed apex-mesh
>> 7070/tcp open   realserver
>> 8000/tcp open   http-alt
>> Device type: WAP|storage-misc|general purpose|printer
>> Running (JUST GUESSING): Apple embedded (93%), NetBSD 4.X (89%), Ricoh
>> embedded (85%)
>> OS CPE: cpe:/o:netbsd:netbsd:4.0
>> Aggressive OS guesses: Apple AirPort Extreme WAP v7.3.2 (93%), Apple
>> AirPort Extreme WAP or Time Capsule NAS device (90%), Apple Airport
>> Extreme WAP (89%), NetBSD 4.0 (89%), Apple AirPort Extreme WAP (86%),
>> Ricoh Aficio MP C6000 or GX3050N printer (85%)
>> No exact OS matches for host (test conditions non-ideal).
>> 
>> OS detection performed. Please report any incorrect results at
>> http://nmap.org/submit/ .
>> Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 36.37 seconds
>> 
>> 
>> If you have a web server listening on port 8000, then your URL needs
>> to look like this:
>> 
>> http://89.165.70.133:8000/
>> 
>> That doesn't work (for me), as there is apparently nothing responding
>> on port 8000.
>> 
>> Are you sure your Tomcat is up? What port number do you think it
>> should be on? Have you poked a hole in your firewall?
>> 
>> Or, are you a home-user and have your router set to port-forward
>> everything to your Apple TV?
>> 
>> Or was this post just a ruse to get people to prod your server?
>> 
>> - -chris
>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>> Version: GnuPG v1.4.14 (Darwin)
>> Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
>> Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/
>> 
>> iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJR/HG/AAoJEBzwKT+lPKRY6A0P/0ABGMH10waEyDEu8r/fzCPY
>> A3vdQjPiRzg5o5LANj2wekCRgZjlA+MBRNoaWHRz0SYElSHy3i1myszs+SQyOfpX
>> M6rEfzFhbc3bi85w2q7lIRoXC26zl21RfbHbZ5swBckmaCTysU0z6pOC0FzLcr02
>> vuWXGud4r3ujcaYtS00jCOb/tMJoGZF3JbVyNdRx8+GH1YaSWxGJ1B0HFvDNgH4l
>> EbU0TqfajHzchvTWTOboiZ5hZv3aL+YgJ057+UmZo937sHypOr8frB+gt/Dl9vgH
>> Acb7QcLPUelOazSFUczEmv9e9nustNRBSIsUpSTBeH0JWUGTF8aDj/cEZ29kzG7y
>> gfAiaoZovRNXYs3VY8DBGDgYyfMf8m551IJSQn1X4RZP1CQ+X6Y7B+/ZAZJtMZrK
>> gcKa6bWZ2QA7DZOTqi8nGkyyBzxE2QGGMWe0W9KOc/q3v7Un1IAmnXo5qtbvcP1t
>> DOBb+gdOGCyUVdr5GptPMafLr91PoSaamo2PPG8yoEiBQweI5H38KjHVA7F0mUZG
>> QcByI1MmMTyJK4a3xH4+XRfJfjPKAwB1EYYvqoO8pDfD5ZIgxw133RKFarxepkWh
>> /roEnvpwSei+fHXcXZ63o9miESaieFss8bTEiAg/B2ujYSXWY862AXXTITTsbtVv
>> hBY0YwqfasdlUTH1tYoO
>> =S8Yu
>> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>> 
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Mohamad Mehdi Yousefi
> Isfahan University of Medical Science
> Medical Educational Development Center


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message