tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nick Williams <nicho...@nicholaswilliams.net>
Subject Re: /META-INF/context.xml seemingly ignored
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2013 19:47:49 GMT

On Aug 4, 2013, at 11:16 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

> 2013/8/4 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>:
>> On 04/08/2013 02:27, Nick Williams wrote:
>>>

>>> Yes. There's a TOMCAT_HOME/work/Catalina/localhost/support directory, but TOMCAT_HOME/conf/Catalina
is empty.

> There should be conf/Catalina/localhost directory that is empty. (The
> Catalina directory is not empty).

Yes, my bad. conf/Catalina/localhost exists but is empty.

>> As expected for Tomcat 8. copyXML is false by default.
>>
>> (Yes the default has changed again.)
>
> Huh? The copyXML is false by default in Tomcat 7 as well. I do not see
> any change here.
>
> It might be good time to start migration guide page for Tomcat 8.

Agreed.

So, looking at this further, this might be an IntelliJ IDEA bug. I'm deploying the application
using the Tomcat support in IDEA. IDEA creates a directory C:\Users\Nicholas\.IntelliJIdea12\system\tomcat\Unnamed_Customer-Support-v15\conf\Catalina\localhost
and that directory contains support.xml with my context.xml contents. I'm betting it's not
hooking that up properly. I'll research that route instead.

Sorry if I've wasted anyone's time looking into this.

Nick