tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <MW...@loftware.com>
Subject Auto-loading of the SQL Server JDBC Driver in 6.0.35
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 19:24:32 GMT
I expect that by putting the SQL Server JDBC4 driver jar (sqljdbc4.jar) into ${CATALINA_HOME}/lib,
that the driver would be automatically available upon server start.  As expected, this works
in 6.0.33, but fails in 6.0.35.  It seems that the fix to Bug 51640 is the cause of this,
and in fact, setting driverManagerProtection to false in the JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener
allows this to work in 6.0.35 as well.  I would not have expected that a change to the MemoryLeak
Listener would have changed the behavior of the JDBC driver.

I don't know the internals of the SQL Server driver, so I don't know exactly why this is happening.
 The MySQL driver loads without any issue.

I am wondering if anyone else has seen this problem.

Thanks,

Mark