tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Upgrade to Tomcat 7 Issues
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 16:05:27 GMT
> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
> Subject: Re: Upgrade to Tomcat 7 Issues

> I don't think "activation" is something provided by servlet
> containers. I don't see it in a stock Tomcat, for example.

It's not provided by Tomcat, but that's not the relevant point.  The problem was that it was
placed in _both_ Tomcat's lib directory and the webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory - an absolute
no-no.  It can be in each webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory (since the relevant class loaders
can't see each other), or possibly in Tomcat's lib directory (although it might cause other
problems there, depending on how it's coded).

 - Chuck