tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Upgrade to Tomcat 7 Issues
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2013 14:08:55 GMT
> From: Seema Patel [mailto:seema165@hotmail.com]
> Subject: RE: Upgrade to Tomcat 7 Issues

> In my WEB-INF/lib I have the following (sorry the list is quite long):
> activation.jar

> In Tomcat7.0/lib directory I have (I have grouped them alphabetically
> so it doesn't make the list too long downwards, like the above list)

> activation.jar
> j2ee.jar

You must never, never, never have the same class files in multiple locations in the class
loader hierarchy (e.g., activation.jar and several others).  Also, j2ee.jar must never be
present anywhere in any Tomcat installation.  You need to start over, not adding anything
to Tomcat's lib directory, and try running your webapp.  If it fails, determine why, and decide
where the necessary .jar file should go (the answer is almost always WEB-INF/lib, except for
JDBC drivers when Tomcat is handling the connection pooling).

 - Chuck