tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Apache Tomcat 8.0.0-RC1 release vote started
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 19:26:50 GMT
> From: Michael-O [mailto:1983-01-06@gmx.net]
> Subject: Re: Apache Tomcat 8.0.0-RC1 release vote started

> According to Apache's JIRA DBCP2 is still in the works whereas Tomcat
> JDBC Pool already works quite well. If so, I would favor the first
> option and make Tomcat JDBC Pool the default.

Your original message implied that the Tomcat JDBC pool was the "relic" you wanted to get
rid of:

> Why if we do have the wonderful Tomcat JDBC Pool? Can't we get rid of
> that relic?

Since the most recent noun in the wording before "that relic" was "Tomcat JDBC Pool", I certainly
interpreted "relic" as a reference to Filip's creation, not the original DBCP - and I suspect
Mark T did as well.

 - Chuck