tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thulasiram Gopalakrishna <thulasiram.gopalakris...@gmail.com>
Subject Remote deployments in Tomcat
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 10:46:55 GMT
Comrades,

I was just wondering, if we do have a method to perform remote deployment.

I did take a look at the code for the Tomcat deployer and as per my understanding, it performs
a HTTP PUT request, with the deployment file, to the Manager application to further perform
the deployment.

If for some reason, the Manager application is / can not be deployed, is there still a way
to achieve remote deployment on to Tomcat? Or is it a must, that we must be having Manager
application deployed to deploy applications remotely?

Appreciate if someone can help me here/clarify the facts.