tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Apache Tomcat 8.0.0-RC1 release vote started
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 09:43:22 GMT
Michael-O <> wrote:
>Am 2013-08-01 22:59, schrieb Mark Thomas:
>> If you'd like early sight of Tomcat 8 and an opportunity to
>> to Tomcat development, the release vote has now opened for the first
>> Tomcat 8 release candidate.
>> Features include:
>> -[...]
>> - Update to DBCP2 (now includes JMX monitoring)
>               ^^^^^
>Why if we do have the wonderful Tomcat JDBC Pool?

1. Choice (we ship both).
2. Features (DBCP covers more edge cases).
3. Maintainability. There is more chance of a DBCP fix at the moment. That should change when
Filip returns.
4. Performance they should be much closer but I suspect Tomcat JDBC will be faster (those
edge cases again).

> Can't we get rid of that relic?

We could but I would not support such a move.  (Relic? Hardly.)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message