tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Janner <Jeffrey.Jan...@PolyDyne.com>
Subject RE: Option to allow "\" in hardcoded file paths
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 14:14:47 GMT
From: Jeffrey Janner [mailto:Jeffrey.Janner@PolyDyne.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 10:06 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: Option to allow "\" in hardcoded file paths

Had a programmer build a filepath using "\" instead of "/" , because he's windows centric
(duh).
Works great on my mostly windows deployments, but fails spectacularly on Unix/Linux boxes.
Is there a Java option that can force the Linux boxes to treat the backslash as a forward
slash?

[Jeff Janner] Obviously, the answer to my question above was "No!", though no one bothered
to address it directly.

Fixing the code for future releases, but need to get something working now with existing code.

[Jeff Janner] Yes, I changed all hard-coded path separators to "/" and recompiled.  Luckily,
I had the time to make the correction before it went out to the customer base.

Jeffrey Janner
Sr. Network Administrator
jeffrey.janner@polydyne.com<mailto:first.last@polydyne.com>
PolyDyne Software Inc.
Main:   512.343.9100
Direct:  512.583.8930

 [cid:image002.png@01CC0FB7.4FF43CE0]

Speed, Intelligence & Savings in Sourcing