tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marvin Lillehaug <Marvin.Lilleh...@kantega.no>
Subject Responses of two different requests concatinated
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 10:23:02 GMT
Hi!
We recently got an error report from a user of one of the systems we have developed, showing
that the response from a different request had been appended to the original response.
The original response was the front page of a site, generated with jsp, and the appended response
was a excel file generated a few seconds earlier.
Our current hypothesis is that some buffer in either httpd(2.2.22) or Tomcat (7.0.35) has
been recycled.
Httpd is connected to Tomcat using http proxypass.

I have started trying to reproduce the problem, but thought I should try the mailing lists
of both httpd and tomcat before continuing.
What I have done thus far is: concatenating html and excel to verify that it is possible to
open and looks the way the user experienced; building a custom version of Tomcat that uses
the same Processor for each request and configured to use only one thread.

This seems a bit similar to the issue described in http://tomcat.apache.org/security-7.html#Fixed_in_Apache_Tomcat_7.0.12
(CVE-2011-1475)
Some results when googleling suggests that this could happen when jsp tags are not coded properly,
but I have not found any such code in our applications.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks and regards,
Marvin B. Lillehaug