tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: How Tomcat6 access a remote directory on the network(NetApp)
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 11:39:26 GMT
Rudiyono RUDIYONO wrote:
> Hello Tomcat experts,
>
> I'm using Tomcat6 on my web application which is running on Windows Server 2003 Standard
Edition.
> I want to access static files (PDF) in the remote directory on the disk server (NetApp)
through http address from web browser.
> I tried to use Windows shortcut, but It didn't work. Seems that Tomcat recognize a shortcut
as a common file (.lnk) instead of a soft link.
> How can I access it properly through http in the IE browser?
>
> I can only access the files if the static files are put in the local disk.
> I tried to use hard link and junction, but they work only on the local disk (on the same
computer).
> I tried to modify context.xml, but it didn't succeed.
> Most of the solution in the internet is a soft link from local disk to local disk.
>
> Thank you for your clues.
> I'm still beginner in Tomcat administration.
> Rudi

Are you sure that this is your problem ?
If you have installed Tomcat in the standard way, Tomcat will run as a Service, under a
user-id "LocalSystem".  In Windows, this special user-id has no access to Windows "network

resources" such as network-mapped drives etc..
In order for Tomcat to be able to access such drives, you will need to use a "domain user"

to run the Tomcat Service.
This may or may not be your problem, but it is something that you should probably check first.