tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <>
Subject Re: LDAP/Realm with TLS in Tomcat 6/7?
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 11:36:41 GMT

On 6.8.2013 12:44, Jens Neu wrote:
> is there a lib/method/whatever to achieve Realm Auth in Tomcat > 5.x where
> username/password are protected by TLS?

I never tried it myself, but you might find these links useful:

> org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm works with Tomcat 5, but not in 6 :-(

JNDIRealm should work just fine in any supported Tomcat version. If you
have any problems with it, please report it here.

BTW, if you are already upgrading, you may consider to upgrade directly
to latest Tomcat 7, to save yourself from doing two upgrades.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message