tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: /META-INF/context.xml seemingly ignored
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2013 14:35:12 GMT
On 04/08/2013 02:27, Nick Williams wrote:

> On Aug 3, 2013, at 6:05 PM, Christopher Schultz wrote:

>> Nick,
>>
>> On 8/3/13 2:54 PM, Nick Williams wrote:
>>> I'm using Tomcat 8.0.0-RC1. Hopefully I'm just missing something
>>> here. I created a web application with the following
>>> /META-INF/context.xml file (I tried both with and without the
>>> path="/support" attribute).
>>>

>>> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?> <Context path="/support">

>>> <Loader
>>> loaderClass="org.springframework.instrument.classloading.tomcat.TomcatInstrumentableClassLoader"/>
>>>

>> </Context>

That needs some further investigation to find out what is going on. It
should work.

>>> I am deploying my
>>> application as an exploded directory (not a WAR), and it is in an
>>> external directory (it is not in TOMCAT_HOME/webapps).

That might be relevant. There have been a few changes to automatic
deployment to better support external locations.

>>> Am I doing something wrong here, or is this a bug?
>>
>> Anything in the "work" directory? CATALINA_BASE/conf/[Engine]/[Host]/
>> should be where context.xml files are copied, so .. this definitely
>> looks fishy.
>
> Yes. There's a TOMCAT_HOME/work/Catalina/localhost/support directory, but TOMCAT_HOME/conf/Catalina
is empty.

As expected for Tomcat 8. copyXML is false by default.

(Yes the default has changed again.)

Mark