tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael-O <1983-01...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Cannot start apache tomcat 7.0 if server path contains two consecutive spaces.
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 18:10:14 GMT
Am 2013-08-01 15:41, schrieb Jeffrey Janner:
> [...]
it fine, as long as you're in the GUI, it is a problem.  You have to remember to quote the
path everytime you want to use it at the command line level, or in PowerShell, etc.
> It is really easier to remember that if you want the look of a space, but need a non-printable
character, to just use the underbar.  How much easier things could be if instead of "My Documents"
you could write My_Documents.  Still looks like two words but it is only one.
> As long as you have control over the naming, you should follow this advise.
> Jeff

I guess for that reason Microsoft has replaced the C:\Documents and
Settings folder.