tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@gopivotal.com>
Subject Re: Cert
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2013 12:58:12 GMT
On Aug 2, 2013, at 7:33 AM, Kyle Shattuck <kyles@montcalm.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am using Tomcat 7 on a windows server 2012 build for this: https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CASUM/Best+Practice+-+Setting+Up+CAS+Locally+using+the+Maven2+WAR+Overlay+Method
>
> I don't think SSL is not working correctly because every time I try to authenticate over
LDAPS it does not work.

What part of this doesn't work?  Connecting via SSL or authentication via LDAP?  They are
two different things.

Can you connect to your server via HTTPS and access a static resource like an HTML page or
image file?  If not, what happens when you try to connect?

> I created a .csr and a .jks using the java keytool. I got a cert using my .csr file from
digicert by downloading it to a .p7b file. I imported the .p7b file to my %jave_home%\bin\mykeystore.jks.
I then download from digicert the same cert but in a .pem file and imported the file to my
%jave_home5\jre\lib\security\cacerts.

> Did I miss something here, do you need any other info?

 - What is the specific version of Tomcat that you are using?
 - Do you see any errors in the log?
 - Include your server.xml, minus comments and minus any sensitive info like passwords

Dan